Prestatyn’s rapid growth led to the creation of new parish – and a splendid parish church to go with it. Not that Christ Church was laways quite so imposing. Built in 1863, its south aisle was added in 1905 and the north aisle extended in 1910. The new chancel and Lady Chapel of 1926 completed the transformation. Outside lie the graves of six choirboys aged between 6 and 11 who drowned in a swimming accident before choir practice on the 17th July 1868. Look for the row of little stone crosses near the far end of the south wall. There’s a stained glass memorial to two of the boys, brothers Samuel and George Gilderoy, above the altar in the Lady Chapel.